The biometric verification exercise for Imo State pensioners will hold as follows:
COMMENCEMENT DATE: Wednesday, Sept. 4th, 2019
TIME: 8.00 am to 4.00 pm
VENUES: All LGA headquarters, except Owerri
Municipal and Oguta
• Venue for Owerri Municipal is:
GOVERNMENT COLLEGE, Okigwe Road, Owerri.
• Venue for Oguta LGA is OGUTA CIVIC CENTRE
Dates and Venues for the verification of retired Judges, Permanent Secretaries and Magistrates will be announced in due course.
Pensioners are to come with the following documents:
1. Letter of first appointment/Gazette
2. Letter of confirmation of appointment/Gazette
3. Last promotion letter/Gazette
4. Notice of retirement
5. Authorisation letter
6. Duly stamped bank statement (must be in the last six months)
7. Stamped and signed BVN print out with photo
8. 1 coloured passport
9. Pensioner's ID
10. Letter of approval of merger/transfer of service (if applicable)
11. Severance payslip (for disengaged staff only)
12. Evidence of change of name (where applicable)
13. Age declaration/birth certificate (if applicable)
• The exercise will start with state pensioners first. Verification for LGA pensioners will follow immediately after; adequate information will be made available at the appropriate time.
Please note that orderly conduct at the venues will make the exercise a pleasant one for all.
Special Adviser, Media to the Governor