ABOUT THE MINISTRY
The Mandate of the State Ministry of Transport is to intensify the transparency and accountability of the ministry’s institutional framework in other to ensure reliable, responsive and efficient transport network that facilitates equity and inclusiveness in the movement of people within the State for sustainable economic growth.
OUR STATUTORY FUNCTIONS
The Imo State Ministry of Transport is charged with several statutory responsibilities among which are:
- Registration/Renewal of transport companies and driving schools in the state
- Issuance emblems/ National Certificate of Roadworthiness.
- Traffic enforcement/routine road checks/accident inspection at police station across the state.
- Organization of Pontoon services at Oguta Lake.
- Control and regulation of the operation of commercial motor cyclists/keke operators in Imo state.
- Supervision of imo transport company (ITC)
- Imo Manifest Scheme.