ABOUT THE MINISTRY
Ministry of Finance, Imo State is a Service establishment charged with the administration of the Finances of the Government of Imo State. It is incharge of Government resources, borrowing, lending and Management of her investment portfolio.
The Ministry’s affair is being piloted by the Hon. Commissioner, Prof. Uche Uwaleke a Chartered Banker, Chartered Accountant, Chartered Stock Broker and Multi Disciplinary Professor.
OUR STATUTORY FUNCTIONS
The following are the statutory responsibilities of the State Ministry of Finance:
- Formulation of State’s fiscal policy
- Production of Government annual accounts reports
- Attendance to FAAC meetings
- Acquisition of Foreign Exchange for Government Officials travelling aboard.
- Control and Supervision of the activities of the Sub-Treasuries.
- Coordination of fiscal relationships between the State and other tiers of Government
- Loan policy licensing (Financial Aspect)
- Licensing (Financial Aspect)
- Taxation Policy
- Financial Instruction
- Pools betting, gaming, lotteries and Casinos
- Investment and Loans Management
- Public Debts Management
- Purchase of vehicles for Government functionaries, MDAs and their Distribution