1. Encouraging and developing the industrial, cooperative and produce sectors of the economy of the state.
2. Provision of the enabling environment and stimuli for private sector participation in the overall development of the state.
3. To woo foreign investors to accelerated infrastructural development of the state.
4. To develop all markets (rural and urban) into acceptable modern standards.
5. To harness artisans such as block molders, mechanics, gate fabricators, refrigeration technicians, furniture makers, etc and arrange them into clusters to elicit decency and competitiveness.
6. Any other responsibility as directed by the governor.