HON. KELECHI NWAGWU’S REPEATED THREAT TO MOBILIZE PDP MEMBERS FOR PROTEST AGAINST THE APC RESCUE MISSION GOVERNMENT IN THE STATE & THE SERIAL BLACKMAIL & PROPAGANDA.
This is to bring to the knowledge of the general public and indeed, the good people of the state in particular that, for months now, the Former Speaker of the State House of Assembly during the administration of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the state, Rt. Hon. Kelechi Nwagwu has inundated the media especially the social media, with repeated threats of organizing PDP members for one million–man march protest on Monday July 3, 2017, against the Rescue Mission Government in the state, with the People’s Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha as the superintendent.
The Former Speaker who belongs to the Alhaji Markafi faction of the PDP has also followed the threat with avalanche of infantile blackmail and infernal propaganda, mostly in the social media where it appears there is no control over marketing of falsehood.
Again in all these, the government had chosen to remain calm at least to see whether Chief Nwagwu could tell the world his reasons for the planned protest march, but he was not forthcoming, making the government to have no other option than to take home or believe the general contention that the anger of the Former Speaker and his Co-travellers is that, the era of “Share The Money” and The Era Of Gala Night on daily basis have all become jettisoned under Governor Rochas Okorocha and indeed for good.
It is also on record that the PDP governments in the state for 12years did nothing for the state and her people, and left no legacy except the unfortunate legacy of flogging indigenes of the state at random including a Reverend Father and a Human Right activist.
And against the backdrop of all these, the government wishes to state as follows:
(1) That the governor has directed that the Police should allow Chief Nwagwu and Co to hold the protest rally and has also directed that those planning to hold 3million-man march solidarity rally in favour of the government on that day as counter to Chief Nwagwu’s own protest, should rescind the decision.
(2) That the governor has directed equally that the Former Speaker and his group should be hosted at the end of their protest march at the Nick Banquet Hall, Government House to enable them tell the governor their grievances and to enable them also see the monumental transformation that has taken place in the Government House that was filled with shanties when the PDP was in power.
(3) That the PDP which Chief Nwagwu is a key figure governed the state for twelve years from 1999 to 2011 and let Chief Nwagwu publish the achievements of the PDP administrations in the state for the 12years they were incharge if any, at least to show that he is coming to equity with clean hands.
(4) That Governor Rochas Okorocha would in the same token publish his achievements for the six years he has governed the state. So that Nigerians of goodwill would know who is deceiving who.
(5) That the achievements of Governor Rochas Okorocha in 6years have exceeded or surpassed the achievements of all those who had governed the state before him put together with more than one thousand verifiable projects located in all the nooks and crannies of the state and let Hon. Nwagwu or any other person challenge us on this claim.
All the same, what the State government would not tolerate is breach of the endurable peace of the state or breach of the law or any act or incident that would put the security of the lives and property of the people of the state on edge by anybody no matter how highly placed.
God bless Imo State and her good people.
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor.