Udo Mbu Agoha, a native of Mpama village in Egbu ancient Town of Owerri North Local Government Area of Imo State was born on 30th March, 1961. He had his primary school education at Central School, Egbu between 1970 and 1975 and proceeded to Community Comprehensive Secondary School, Egbu where he obtained the West African School Certificate in 1981. Thereafter, he took up sundry appointments as Bursar, City Institute of Commerce, Owerri and Later, Co-odinator, Okamgba Associates, Owerri to bid for time.
The political career of Udo Agoha manifested in 1996 when he was elected Councilor representing Alaenyi Block in the Old Owerri Local Government Area in 1996. Thereafter, Udo Agoha went on to become the Accountant of Financo Brokers Ltd., and Insurance Brokerage firm owned by Imo State Government to practice his professional calling as a financial consultant.
In 1999, Agoha was appointed the Legislative Liason Officer in recognition of the role he played in his Party’s victory at the general elections. Betweeen 2003 and 2006, Agoha served as the elected Vice Chairman of Owerri-North Local Government Area and went on to become the executive Chairman after the demise of Nze Kenneth Oparaocha-Ekwe in December, 2006.
Agoha held many other important political positions including;
- Youth leader, Nigeria Advance Party – 1983
- Secretary, National Republican Convention – 1992-1993
- Secretary, UNCP – 1997-1998
- Member, PDP Fact Finding Committee (National) – 2002
- Chairman, Campaign Council, Owerri North – 2011
- Kano Liaison Officer for Rochas Presidential Campaign – 2014-2015
- Commander, Rochas Campaign Organization, Owerri-North – 2015
- Task Force Chairman, Road Maintenance, Owerri Zone – 2015
Presently, he is the Imo State Commissioner for Agriculture, Environment and Natural Resources.
A trained Lawyer of Imo State University, Owerri, Udo Mbu Agoha of Anglican Communion is married to Mrs. Joy Chinonyerem Agoha and the union is blessed with lovely children.