BARRISTER EMMA IBEDIRO
Barrister Emma Ibediro was born on September 2nd 1964 to the family of Mazi Mark Ekemezie Ibediro of Umuogbuanu Umucheke Okwe autonomous community in Onuimo Local Government Area of Imo State.
He obtained his First School Leaving Certificate [FSLC] from Ogui Nike primary school, Enugu in 1976 and his West African School Certificate [WASC] from Okigwe National Grammer School in 1981.
After his secondary education, Emma proceeded to Imo State University, Uturu, Okigwe where he obtained a Bachelors degree (L.L.B Hons.) in Law and later to the Nigerian Law School, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Before his appointment in December 2015 as the Imo State Commissioner for Local government & Rural Development.
Emma Ibediro held the following positions:
- Executive Chairman, Onuimo Local Government Area, Imo State. – 1999 – 2002
- Financial Secretary (South-East), All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP)- 2002- 2004
- Commissioner, House of Assembly Service Commission, Imo State – 2012 – 2015
- Senior Special Assistant [SSA] to the Imo State Governor on Special Duties, – 2014 – 2015
- State Secretary, All Progressives Congress (APC), Imo State chapter – 2014- date
Emma Ibediro is a member of the Nigerian Bar Association and a member of the Rotary Club.
He is a devout Christian and is married to Mrs Uzoma E. Ibediro and their union is blessed with four children.