HON, HENRY UZOMA EZEDIARO
Hon. Member representing Oguta State Constituency
Hon Henry Uzoma Ezediaro was born on 14th October 1976, to Ogbuagu & Ogbuefi Alphonsus Ezediaro of Umunkwokwumosha in Oguta Ameshi Community, Oguta local government, Imo state.
He had his early education in Umuohi community primary school, Okija, Anambra state, then his secondary education in Holyghost Juniorate Seminary, Ihiala, Anambra State.
In 1996, he gained admission and graduated in 2001 with a B.sc Hons. in Microbilogy from Imo state University Owerri, and an M.Sc.Business Strategy Planning , University of Merseyside, U.K( In view).
A born business mogul, Hon Ezediaro has spent more than fifteen years in the top management ladder of the business world and successfully piloted the execution of several projects for various oil firms (NDDC, NAOC, Wasco Oil Tools , Shell, Chevron, and Adax) in oil producing areas, state governments, and other corporate bodies on non oil sector.
Hon Henry Uzoma Ezediaro is currently the House member representing Oguta State Constituency in the Imo State House of Assembly and the House Committee Chairman, House Committee on Petroleum Resources, ISOPADEC & NDDC.
Hon Ezediaro, through his ‘Oguta Beyond Oil’ vision, recently made provision for a better future for Oguta L.G.A., by launching the Oguta Youth Empowerment Scheme(OYES) initiative aimed at empowering more than five thousand(5,000) youths in various skills and works of live, by engaging them in any chosen field of choice after which they would be certifiably settled to try their trade in their chosen field, thereby putting the Youths of Oguta L.G.A off the streets, and eradicating the common problem of youth restiveness in oil producing communities.
Hon Henry Ezediaro is happily married to Mrs Vera Chinyere Ezediaro, and together they have four wonderful kids.
MOTIONS BY HON. EZEDIARO HENRY UZOMA
- A motion urging the president through the National Assembly to check lopsidedness in appointments into the Administrative strata of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) to ensure good governance for sustainable Development.
- Motion calling NNPC/DPR and the Governor of Imo State to work in Synergy to restore normalcy in the Petroleum downstream sector in the State and to find lasting solution in the acquisition and distribution of petroleum products.
- Motion for the House of assembly to intervene in several complaints/petitions against upstream and downstream petroleum sectors in respect of abuse, non-compliance to corporate social responsibilities in their areas of operation and regulating standards.
- Motion on matter of urgent public importance; RE: Land dispute between Oguta and Egbuoma Communities, both in Oguta L.G.A.
- Motion on matter of urgent public importance on the recent killings and unrest in Mgbala Agwa Community.
- Motion of urgent National importance; Motion to observe a minute silence in Honour of the deceased minister of state of Labour, Mr James Enejoh Ocholi (SAN) and four others and to condole with federal executive council under the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari as well as the Governor of Kogi State over the loss of an illustrious son.
BILLS BY HON EZEDIARO HENRY UZOMA
- A law to provide for the establishment of a project Monitoring Committee to monitor and ensure the implementation of oil company projects in oil communities and for related purposes.
- A law to institutionalize the use of a song known as the Imo anthem in Imo state and for other related purposes.
- A law to Establish a Technical Committee on Imo state Communal Commercial Youth and Women Pilot Agricultural Development and Agric-Business Management scheme and other matters related thereto.